While many things have changed over the last few months, one thing has remained the same–our commitment to your health and safety. We are confident that we can provide all of our services in the same beautiful and serene environment to which you’ve grown accustomed while maintaining safety for you and our staff alike.
Our protocol includes the need for staff to remain at home if at anytime they are not feeling well or have any fever or fever symptoms. We ask everyone to stay home if they do not feel well for their own protection and the protection of others.
1. When you arrive at the parking lot, remain in your vehicle and call 386-775-0860 to let us know you are there. The receptionist will let you know when it’s time to enter the spa.
2. A non touch digital forehead thermometer will be used to check the therapist’s and guest’s temperature prior to service.
3. Masks will be worn by all staff members for the foreseeable future.
4. In support of social distancing, clients are asked to wear face masks when entering the building as well as for services where the mask does not interfere with treatment. We have unused disposable masks available at no charge if you do not have one.
5. Use hand sanitizer provided upon entering the spa. Automatic antibacterial soap dispensers are also provided for your use. Hand sanitizer and antibacterial soap are available throughout the spa.
6. We are practicing social distancing so please keep a safe distance from staff and other guests. We understand social distancing is not possible while having a service.
7. A MINIMUM of 15 minutes is allowed between the conclusion of an appointment and the beginning of the next appointment for proper disinfecting practices.
8. Magazines, brochures, business cards and all other unnecessary papers have been removed from customer service areas.
9. Attractive plexiglass sneeze guards have been installed at the front desk and on manicure stations. They are practically invisible.
10. Guests are scheduled by appointment only. No walk-ins.
11. No group appointments are permitted for the time being.
12. Let the receptionist know in advance if you prefer to bring your own linens.
We ask you to be understanding of the rules that are put in place for the safety of staff and clients, who are our priority.
We will continue to closely follow mandates and guidelines from the CDC as well as the Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Florida Health Department and Board of Massage.
The choice as to when clients will return for a spa experience is a personal choice. Each of us makes that choice based on our individual comfort level. We support our clients in making that choice; whether the choice is to join us now or take some time to evaluate the new normal and take a more wait and see approach. We’re here for you.